Phan Thiet Harbour is packed with colorful fishing boats and a great place to get some pictures. The surrounding bridges and parks are best viewed at night with their colorful lights. The harbour is located at the mouth of the Ca Ty River, which runs through the middle of down-town Phan Thiet.
Le Hong Phong Bridge over the Ca Ty River was inaugurated in December 2002. The Ca Ty River was previously known as the Phan River, but the name was changed when Phan Thiet became the provincial capitol. Upstream the river meets the Muong Man River. A cluster of 3 bridges crosses the river in downtown Phan Thiet, one of which was constructed by the American military which occupied Phan Thiet during the war.
Nearby is the memorial dedicated to Tran Hung Dao, Yet Kieu and Da Tuong at Tran Hung Dao Park on the northern bank of the beautiful Ca Ty River.
Visiting downtown Phan Thiet, it’s many parks, cafes, shops and excellent market are a great way to spend the afternoon. The tower sits on the Ca Ty River, which runs through the middle of down-town Phan Thiet.
The Phan Thiet Water Tower was designed by Prince Suphanouvong of Laos, who was the chief engineer of the Nha Trang Public Works Bureau. Work on the water tower began in 1928 and was completed in 1934.
The prince was appointed to work in Vietnam by the government of Indochina, which was under the rule of the French. The prince later became the Head of the State of the Lao People’s Democratic Republic.
The upper part of the tower is an octagonal water reservoir, 5m in height and 9m in diameter. The tower was the main supply of water for the residents in Phan Thietat that time.
The tower is the symbol of Binh Thuan Province and can be seen in many local emblems and logos.