Facebook Vimeo Flickr Skype
Home » Vietnam » Extremely Toxic Chemicals Discovered in Frozen Fish in Quang Tri

Extremely Toxic Chemicals Discovered in Frozen Fish in Quang Tri

Anchovie specimens taken from the freezers of a seafood purchasing establishment in Quang Tri (taken after the time of the mass fish death) contain a Phenol content of 0.037 mg/kg. This is an extremely toxic chemical and forbidden for use in food products. 

Anchovy specimens taken from freezers at a seafood purchasing establishment in Vinh Linh district (Quang Tri) have just been discovered to contain phenol, an extremely toxic chemical, by the province health department.

On the evening of June 10th, Mr Tran Van Thanh, director of the Quang Tri health department, confirmed that he has just reported to the People’s Committe of Quang Tri province about the discovery of Phenol found in frozen anchovies taken from a seafood purchasing establishment in Vinh Linh district.


Related News.


 

According to this report, the specialist department of the Quang Tri health department has just recieved test results examining 6 specimens of anchovies taken from the freezer of Mrs LTT (of Cua Tung town, Vinh Linh district).

These six specimens include one tuna, one sardine, one mackeral, and three anchovies.

Among the three anchovies one was purchased by the owner of the establishment before the time of the mass fish death, two were purchased in Quang Tri after the mass fish death.

The results confirmed by the specialists show that the anchovies taken after the mass fish die off have a phenol content of 0.037 mg/kg. This is an extremely toxic chemical and forbidden in food products.

Mr. Thanh reports that he has instructed to continue taking specimens from freezers at different warehouses for testing, while disposing of these contaminated specimens. Phenol can cause death

In a conversation with Tuoi Tre on the evening of June 10th, Mr Ho Si Bien- The head of the Food Hygiene and Safety Department of Quang Tri reported: Phenol is an extremely toxic chemical often only used in industrial cleansing, absolutely forbidden for use in food products, even in the production of packaging.

Also according to Mr Bien, at a content of 0.037 mg/kg, as in the specimens tested, is not  enough to cause an emergency poisoning, but dangerous because once accumulated can cause death.

Article by Tuoi Tre.

Similar posts

Loading Facebook Comments ...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Translate »